Friday, January 16, 2009

Noonan on Obama

Well phrased...
... a long-oppressed people have raised up a president. It is moving and beautiful and speaks to the unending magic and sense of justice of our country. The other day the journalist John O'Sullivan noted that 150 years after slavery, a black man stands in the place of Lincoln in the inaugural stands, and this country has proved again that anything is possible, that if we can do this we can do anything. That is a good thing to remember at a difficult time.

Peggy Noonan

Read the whole column here.

I think that sums up my greatest pride in this election. I don't agree with Mr. Obama on many things. I do think he is smart, and I have been surprised and pleased by a few things since the election regarding picks for positions and policies. I hope that he changes his mind on many picks and policies because I think they will be a detriment to the country.

But that paragraph sums up my feelings on his win. I am pleased that he was elected because of that, and I support him as my president.

No comments: